The Shellback Tactical SF Plate Carrier is a combat ready plate carrier designed for the best outcome in the worst situations. Whether your Overseas, Domestic, downrange or on the range you can count on the SF Plate Carrier. Modular, Low Profile and feature packed. The SF Plate Carrier is sized by SAPI plate size to fulfill your unit needs. The most common size will be the Medium size which fits Medium SAPI size plates and 10×12 plates. Integrated padded 3D mesh shoulder pads provide comfort for load carriage. The interior body side is also lined with 3D mesh padding. The front Kangaroo pouch has an insert to accommodate 3 .223/5.56 magazines. The cummerbund also accepts soft armor inserts and has integrated pockets to accept 6×6 or 6×8 side plates as well. Integrated radio pouch will accommodate common LE radios and MBITR or can be used to add additional magazines on each side. Unique to the SF plate carrier cummerbund is our addition of 3D padded spacer mesh comfort flaps that pad your rib cage area for comfort while wearing side plates or without. The carrier is also highly adjustable on the shoulders and cummerbund for that perfect fit.
- MULTICAM has matching Murdoch woven webbing and Loop/Velcro
- Cummerbund Integrated pocket for 6×6 or 6×8 Plates
- Cummerbund has integrated radio pouch for Police or MBITR radios with secure snap
- Cummerbund integrated padded comfort flap
- Advanced plate carrier that is feature packed.
- Extreme versatility with several PALS web attachment points covering the front, back and shoulders of the vest.
- Fully adjustable and padded front and back shoulder areas. Padded with 3D mesh.
- Shoulder pads come standard/included
- Front and Back areas of loop for placard identifiers
- Fits over soft body armor/Uniforms
- Integrated kangaroo pouch accepts three .223/5.56 magazines
- Heavy duty bar tacking at key stress points
- Low profile/lightweight
- Plate pockets load from the bottom and can also accept soft armor inserts
- Drag handle lays flat- secures with hook and loop
- Constructed of 500 denier Cordura nylon
- Compatible with all MOLLE systems
- 6 x 3 rows of PALS webbing on front of pouch
- Low Profile – Highly Mobile Design
- Bar tacking and reverse stitching for enhanced durability
- Lifetime warranty
- GSA and TAA compliant
Sizing Chart: One Size Fits Most (Med-XXL)
- Small Plate Carrier Size – 8.75″ Wide x 11.75″ Tall
- Medium Plate Carrier Size – 9.5″ Wide x 12.5″ Tall
- Large Plate Carrier Size – 10.25″ Wide x 13.25″ Tall
- Extra Large Plate Carrier Size – 11″ Wide x 14″ Tall
Gary S. (verified owner) –
Nice rig. Side plate pockets a little tight but once you get them in place they stay put. Shellbacks web site has all the nice accessories for this carrier
Peter (verified owner) –
Have not had to wear it more than a couple hours, so far it’s comfortable
Anonymous (verified owner) –
My RMA plates are 1.2″ thick which are thicker than most plates on the market. I was hard finding a carrier that would fit them. My first carrier couldn’t fit them, but this one did perfectly which I’m happy about. I put 6×6 side plates in the cummerbund and there isn’t a great mechanism to hold them in place to keep them from sliding around within the cummerbund, but with a bit of effort i managed to get them to stay in place. Also if you are on the thinner side and the cummerbund is too roomy in the default configuration, it is possible but not super convenient to make it tighter. You have to redo the cords in the back though the molle to hold the 2 cummerbund pieces closer together which will cause them to overlap.
Zachary T. (verified owner) –
Super nice carrier. Only downside is that it’s not very fast to don and doff. Really like the integrated magazine pouches.
Charles (verified owner) –
My model 1189 plates just arrived. The quality and fit of this carrier are excellent.
Mark Logg (verified owner) –
This is one of the Best plate carriers on the market bar none much better than cheaper alternatives you get what you pay for !!!