IFAK – Basic Life Support for the Assault Vest or Body Armor
The BLS Tactical Operator Response Kit™ (BLS TORK™) by North American Rescue® was designed to meet the need for a compact individual first aid kit (IFAK) which carries the basic life support equipment to address leading causes of potentially preventable death in a tactical environment. The BLS TORK™ contains essential life-saving equipment for point-of-wounding, self-aid/buddy-aid to address injuries caused by penetrating or blast trauma. It’s sleek, compact size allows for easy attachment using MOLLE/PALS style connectors to the assault vest/body armor or NAR’s Quick Detach Panel (available for separate purchase). The BLS TORK™ also features a signature Red-Tip Technology® rapid opener for fast and easy, one-pull tab opening of the kit.
For a more robust IFAK, check out the Operator BLS IFAK.
- 1 x IFAK Pouch (TORK™)
- 2 x pair Bear Claw™ Nitrile Glove, Lg.
- 1 x HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack
- A chest seal is used when a patient has penetrating chest trauma from neck to navel, on the front, side or back of the chest. The chest seal doesn’t control bleeding inside the chest cavity. Instead, the chest seal prevents air from entering the chest cavity.
- 1 x C-A-T® (Combat Application Tourniquet®) Color, Black
- The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- 2 x S-Rolled Gauze (4.5 in. x 4.1 yd)
- 1 x ETD 6 in. Emergency Trauma Dressing
- The trauma dressing provides an effective, constant pressure bandage used for the treatment of wounds
- 1 x pair Responder Trauma Shears (7.25 in.)
- 1 x Polycarbonate Eye Shield
- Cased Closed: H 7 in. x W 4.5 in. x D 2.75 in.
- Weight: 1 lb 5 oz
For some more assistance in learning how to properly use the contents of this IFAK from North American Rescue, we suggest reading through some training information from North American Rescue.