Scorpion Softshell is the next evolutionary advance of the variable compression tactical belt mag pouch concept. By combining an exoskeleton outer frame with an inner soft shell, a seamless balance between rigidity and expansion is achieved by this G Code Mag Pouch. This balance ensures the most positive retention on your magazines while still allowing instant access when sourcing your reloads. Likewise, Scorpion Softshells are completely modular and interchange with the entire family of G-Code carry accessories.
Rifle mags: the Scorpion Softshell tactical belt pouch fits all AR series magazines, any AK magazine and all variations in 7.62×51 (.308).
Scorpion Rifle Mag Mounting Options:
Belt Clip: The Belt Mounting Clip delivers a phenomenally stable and dependable mounting system designed specifically with the Operator Tactical Belt with a width of 1.75″ and may not work with other belts.
MOLLE Clip: The MOLLE mounting clip is equally as stable and dependable as the Belt Clip and is compatible with PALS platforms – both plate carriers and belts.
G Code Mag Pouch Features:
– Flared surfaces on all four sides of the pouch opening allowing smooth, blind insertion of the mag into the pouch.
– Molded channels and recesses that control and protect the binding cord and eliminate snags and wear.
– Front torsion plate is engineered to direct pressure down through the Softshell forcing its inner friction surface to make positive contact along the length of the magazine. With minimal adjustment to the cord, the holding power of the Scorpion mag pouch can be multiplied through the designed leverage in the system. Additionally, the cross bars of the rifle mag pouches front torsion plate allow pistol mag pouches to be stacked at variable levels on the rifle pouch.
– The back plate is molded to include threaded brass inserts allowing the rapid change of mounting accessories.
– Superior materials include Super-Tough Nylon frame components and a TPV molded Softshell. In addition to extreme strength and durability, these materials absorb no moisture and gain no weight when exposed to water.
– Hybrid construction method of stitching the frame to the Softshell eliminates unnecessary bulk and weight. Weighing in at just 3.3 oz. Scorpion Softshell rifle mag pouches are among the lightest available yet give no compromise in durability, function, or features.
– Standard and custom color combinations are available.
– G-Codes Life-Time Warranty and reputation for superior quality.
– Patent pending.