The Operator BLS/IFAK™ Kit is a tactical med kit designed to equip the individual operator with the Basic Life Support tools needed for immediate Self-Aid/Buddy-Aid. This Tactical Med Kit is configured to address leading causes of preventable death due to penetrating injuries. The versatile BLS IFAK Kit can be worn by the operator in one of three methods, drop down leg rig, attaché to the assault vest/body armor with MOLLE-style connecters or attached directly to the duty belt.
If you’re looking for a more low profile IFAK pouch, be sure to check out the Tactical Operator Response Kit (T.O.R.K.).
BLS Tactical Med Kit Specs:
- Sand & water resistant, self-repairing zipper with silent 550 cord pulls
- MOLLE Style Attachment System Compatible
- Removable Belt and Leg Straps
- Leg Strap with Quick-Grip™
BLS Tactical Med Kit Contents:
- 1 x Bag (IFAK)
- 6 x Black Talon® Nitrile Trauma Gloves (3 pr.)
- 1 x Nasopharyngeal Airway 28F with Lubricant
- 1 x HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack
- A chest seal is used when a patient has penetrating chest trauma from neck to navel, on the front, side or back of the chest. The chest seal doesn’t control bleeding inside the chest cavity. Instead, the chest seal prevents air from entering the chest cavity.
- 1 x C-A-T® (Combat Application Tourniquet®)
- The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- 1 x ETD™ 6 in. Emergency Trauma Dressing
- The trauma dressing provides an effective, constant pressure bandage used for the treatment of wounds
- 2 x S-Rolled Gauze™ (4.5 in. x 4.1 yd)
- 1 x Polycarbonate Eye Shield
- 1 x Permanent Marker
- 1 x Combat Casualty Card
- Case Closed: H 8.5 in. x W 8.75 in. x D 4.5 in.
- Weight: 1 lb 12 oz
For some more assistance in learning how to properly use the contents of this IFAK from North American Rescue, we suggest reading through some training information from North American Rescue.