This is the Shellback Banshee 2.0 Elite Plate Carrier Gen2 (AKA Banshee 2.0). This new and unique Shellback Tactical Banshee 2.0 plate carrier was created from feedback and input from customers, military and law enforcement on what they wanted to see in a plate carrier, which includes paralleled comfort, mobility and design. The shoulders on the Shellback Banshee 2.0 Elite are fully adjustable and padded, slightly wider than the original banshee the shoulders lay flatter on your body and have a hidden quick release buckle. The shoulders front and back have Hypalon material with 4 slits that is pliable allowing for easy access to the buckles. The bottoms of the Hypalon shoulders are not sewn down allowing for easier routing of comm wires or hydration lines.
The front and back of the Shellback Tactical Banshee 2.0 Elite plate carrier features 6 rows of PALS webbing and pile tape for flags and other identifiers. The interior of the front and back carrier on the body side are also comfort padded with 3D mesh sewn in an airflow pattern allowing for heat disbursement. Rifle plates are loaded from the bottom front/back and secured with a hook/loop closure. The drag handle on the Shellback Banshee 2.0 Elite is sewn through and secured down with hook and loop
Update – The front of the Shellback Banshee 2.0 Elite is feature packed. On the top of the front of the carrier is an Integrated Admin Pouch now with a zippered gusseted pocket to secure items. This admin area allows for storage of small items, tools, batteries, chem lights etc. On the front of the carrier on each side are 2 vertical nylon strips to accommodate QASM buckles to accommodate chest rigs. The front flat closure stops at the bottom and does not run under allowing for fast easy donning and doffing.
The Banshee Elite plate carrier comes standard with the Banshee Elite Cummerbund that is removable and fully adjustable. The cummerbund has 6 interior pockets (3 each side) that will accommodate .223 5.56 AR style magazines. The pockets have adjustable bungee pull tabs. Exterior and interior of cummerbund have 3 rows of PALS webbing to accept side plates or other pouches. The pockets can also fit a Motorola type XTS type radio.
Update – The cummerbund was lengthened slightly to give you better adjustability especially when used with magazines in the cummerbund.
Staying with successful concept of the original Banshee this carrier is one size fits most. Also standard is a secondary nylon strap system with quick release buckles (also removable) if the cummerbund is not needed. The front pocket of the carrier has a hook and loop kangaroo pocket to allow for accessories and magazines. Accommodates Banshee 2-mag pouch.
Update – The back of the carrier in a separate pocket from the plate pocket opens and can accept a 2 liter hydration bladder. Integrated option to add hydration.
USA Made-Full Berry Compliant – Backed by Shellback’s Lifetime Warranty.
Body Armor Compatibility
The Shellback Tactical Banshee plate carrier is built for 10×12 body armor plates, which means that this plate carrier is compatible with a majority of our Level 4 and Level 3 body armor plates. Among the most popular body armor plates purchased in conjunction with this Shellback Tactical plate carrier is:
- Level IV Model 1155
- Level IV Model 1155mc
- Level III+ Model 1090
- Level III Model 1078
- Level IIIa+ SRT Model 1003
- 500D Cordura
- MULTICAM has matching webbing and loop/Velcro
- Advanced plate carrier that is feature packed.
- Extreme versatility with several PALS web attachment points covering the front, back and shoulders of the vest.
- Fully adjustable and padded front and back shoulder areas. Padded with 3D mesh.
- Banshee Ultimate shoulder pads come standard/included
- Separate pocket from the plate pocket on rear opens and can accept a 2 liter hydration bladder
- Hypalon shoulders with 4 slits for comms/hydration open at bottom
- Two areas of loop for identifiers
- Fits over soft body armor/Uniforms
- GEN2 Update – Integrated admin pouch now has a gusseted zipper pouch closure vs the previous hook/loop
- Integrated kangaroo pouch
- GEN2 Update – Banshee Elite 2.0 Cummerbund now slightly longer for greater adjustability when using magazines (6 integrated pockets with Hypalon strips inside) PALS webbing interior/exterior
- Front and back interior of carrier padded with 3D Mesh sewn with an airflow pattern
- Integrated nylon vertical strips to accommodate QASM buckles. To add a chest rig if needed. QASM Buckles not included
- Heavy duty bar tacking at key stress points
- Wire, antenna or hydration hose guides
- Low profile/lightweight
- Plate pockets load from the bottom and will accept up to 10×12 Level 3 and 4 ESAPI OR SIMILAR PLATES and Plate Backers
- Quick release buckle secondary securing system
- Drag handle lays flat- secures with hook and loop
- Lifetime Warranty
- Need Level IIIA soft armor – The Banshee Elite fits the Banshee Soft Armor package.
- Lifetime Warranty